Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Phase 1 Day 10



Breakfast: Hot Brown Rice, Brazil Nuts & Flax (1.3)
Snack 1: Dark Chocolate & Fresh Coconut (1.3)
Lunch: Avocado & Bean Taco (adapted, 1.3)
Snack 2: Apple & Almonds
Dinner: Moroccan Chicken with Cauliflower & Cashews (1.3)

I can't stress enough that the raw onion, salsa, cilantro, refried beans, avocado and Romaine lettuce are an awesome blending of flavors. And the sprouted corn tortillas, well...they're turning me and I can't see myself going back to anything non-sprouted. Nothing here which I haven't already said last week, but this is really one of my favorite lunches. Truly simplicity at its finest.

I simmered the Moroccan Chicken dish in a regular saucepan instead of heating it in the oven this time. I wonder why the UM book suggests the oven; it doesn't seem to make too much of a difference. This time around, I gave it longer than 25 minutes to reduce and thicken a little more. Great dish.
___________________________________________________________________
p90X Shoulders/Arms, Ab Ripper X

No comments: